Seafarers medical examination
The sailors of the world are obliged to take periodic seafarers medical examinations to determine the fitness of their professional work in the sea. The purpose of medical examination is to safeguard the seafarer’s health, as well as the safe and unwanted professional duties of the sailor and ship crew.
“Sagittarius” Marine Medical Center one of the leading medical institutions in region. We provide medical care for citizens of Georgia and tightly cooperate with list of international crewing and shipping companies carrying out medical examination of seafarers, establishing of their fitness for work on vessels, issuing of medical certificates. The medical examination of students and students of seafarers’ educational institutions is also undertaken. Examination is fulfilled in compliance with the requirements of the International Marine Organization (IMO), International Labour Organization (ILO) and World Health Organization (WHO). The center is accredited by the Ministry of Health of Georgia , authorized by Transport Administration of Georgia, certified according standard ISO 9001:2015 and Regulation 1.2 of the MLC 2006. In 2015, the International Union of National Business Ratings was honored by the “Leader of the Leader 2015”.
Georgian and international sailors’ health is our top priority. We take care of each sailor, their problems and their demands.
The doctors of the Center are authorized by Transport Administration of Georgia, highly qualified and experienced professionals who will provide you with professional consultation, medical care and assistance in the sea and on the ground.
We protect your rights over your professional work.
Examinations package in determining occupational fitness include:
- ORGANS SYSTEMS AND PHYSYCAL EXAMINATION BY PHYSICIAN
- ULTRASOUND EXAMINATION OF LOW ABDOMINALS
- BLOOD EXAMINATION (Complete blood count, Blood typing, Fasting blood sugar, HIV, Hepatit B,C antigen, VDRL )
- OPHTALMOLOGICAL EXAMINATION
- ENT EXAMINATION
- DENTAL EXAMINATION
- DRUG and ALCOHOL TEST
- CARDIO STRESS TEST (OPTIONAL, AFTER 50 MANDATORY)
- PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
- LIVER FUNCTION TEST
- CHEST X-RAY
Please note that there is not vaccination in the center. Vaccination in Georgia is carried out in specialized institutions.
- Please telephone or contact us on T: +995 577 77 97 97, T:+995 568 69 41 76: e-mail: [email protected] to book your appointment or other questions
- Examination costs are dependent on the specific requirements of each case
- Please arrive 20 minutes before you appointment to allow time for the additional tasks needed
- On arrival for your appointment, please expect to be:
1 asked to complete a form giving your personal details
2 given a container to provide a urine sample
- Our responsibility to arrange an interpreter if you feel your English is not sufficient to consult a doctor
- Contact lens wearers please remove contact lenses before your medical to allow your eyes to settle for testing but please remember to bring a spare pair and any spectacles that you use
- You should bring along your previous medical certificate (unless this is your first examination)
- Please bring with you a form of photo identification (e.g passport, discharge book or other certified photographic proof [for example, a company photo pass])
- Please bring with you any medications, recent medical letters, discharge notes, sight test results etc
Treatment includes drug therapy, physiotherapy and/ or surgery, aimed to relieve pain....
Various methods to diagnose and treat various forms of seizures aim to restore a patient’s...